To Victor, with love

 I.

We are sitting at a bar
And our legs touch
And we talk to each other touching hands
And in the middle of a conversation,
I try to hide my complete horror
You look back at me 
And we know exactly what the other means. 

II.

It is our first year in high school
You are the depressed nihilist student, 
older than everybody else but still so young
I was the misunderstood poet, 
resting bitch face and insecurities written on my face
And I know you are my brother now, 
Just like I knew then
Because I do not know when I knew it
Or even how I knew
But I knew you were my best friend.

III.

I woke up to your milky-white back
Even asleep you keep some kind of armor
Some kind of protection from the world
Not everybody gets to see your softness
It doesn't matter how soft you speak
We used to  sleep together in the living room
And I got mad at your back for waking me up at 6am
On a feeaking Sunday
In your parent's living room
Because you wanted to watch the F1 race.

IV.

I am sitting next to you in a bar we both like
We had no idea we had yet something else in common
Specially considering how different we can be
On you right side, the woman you chose
A warrior, a lioness, a force of nature
I smile knowing she is the storm you need
For your deep seemlingly calm waters
She knows as well as I do that hurricanes can happen underwater
You look at me and you say "Everything is okay."

V.

You always say that it is okay
So I shrug and I guess that it is okay
Because we still got each other
My unlikely sibling, safe harbor, familiar embrace
Because you see me and hug me as if it has been an eternity
And yet an eternity would be not enough laughter
Not enough tears, not enough voice, not enough life
To be your best friend.



Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas