Christmas lights - The final chapter

 On our first week together, we had this argument

And you looked at me dead in the eye

You said "I can leave you whenever I want"

And you were right


I dug my nails into your skin

Because I thought nothing could hurt more than "apart"

But apart for you means the bliss of forgetfulness

And for me, apart is a curse of remembering 


Last week I asked you if you missed making love to me

And you calmly told me that you did not think of it

Not even once when we were apart

And I felt magical for all the wrong reasons: I disappear so easily


I have fantasized about the first snow we'd see together

And the amusement parks we could go, and how to keep cats in a yacht

And the nights in your arms that feel like home

And a life that would be ours, with so much love and wonder


Now I'm sitting in this hotel room alone

And the darkness makes me realize that it is January

And the Christmas lights are once again gone

But my love keeps shining bright regardless of the season


A fortune teller told me that our love was represented by the flower arcana

We would blossom and then wilter 

And just like the Christmas lights, the mango tree, and the blossoming flowers

We too have a season to shine, to blossom, to break, and to fade.



- I have no idea of how to make you fade without fading too.


Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas