T(h)om

 1) You see me completely 

Freckles and sleepy

You hold me tight in my dreams 

And I cannot really distinguish

My dreams from reality

Because you are everything

I've ever dreamed of 

After years of nightmares 

I sleep safe in your arms

And even in my dreams

I can find you 


2) I want to convince myself that

It was just another dream 

But how could I 

When you wake up next to me 

I feel your need, your lust, your skin 

I feel your love 

Even though you cannot say you love me

And it suddenly comes to me, my dear

Dear you

That maybe, just maybe 

Dreams may come true


3) You call me after spending nearly

A whole week

Putting up with my voice, my moods 

My unequivocal love for you 

You see me and I see you 

I want to love you so you feel loved 

Like the ocean, I want to wash it all

Away

The pain, the sadness and the hurt

I will stand here 

Ready, without fear and without judgment

I'll wait for you 

And in my waiting, I realize that 

My solitude makes sense

In a world where you do not exist

But here you are

Existing, being so who you are

And you, my love, are so 

So beautiful


4) I refuse to get myself stuck in the what ifs

I accept I'm a possibility

The fork in the road you might want to travel through 

And over and out

And all I can offer is a lifetime of love 

Unequivocal love, shapeless

And if I could, I'd be your savior

If I could, I'd be your love

If I could, I'd solve it all

Still, there are steps 

And as if I was in a program, I follow you

Your footprints and your fingerprints 

All over my life, my body, my heart 

And deep, deep in my soul 

I accept it all

I accept that time is meaningless

I accept your unspoken devotion 

I could never dare of calling it love 

Not truly, not before you do 

Still, I love you completely

And whatever happens from here on now 

Will be just an agreement

A contract, a vow made by and for you 

Silently, in my solitude that was so appreciated

I feel lonely 

I miss the footsteps and your hands

I miss the fingerprints that made me yours 

And I wait 

Grateful and patient 

For the day in which dream and reality 

Come together, sit on a table, smoke a cigarette

Toast at midnight 

For a love that could be for you 

And it is for me



God, I never wished so hard for a dream to meet reality

God, I never realized that a dream could be so real

As you are - our love language

God, I never dreamed of someone as real

And as loving, as enchanting, as absolutely admirable

As you.

My dear, dear you.

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas