Down the rabbit hole

I'm free falling and unable to hold on
to anyhing in my life
Not to my new job, not to my husband who's asleep on the couch
Not to myself
I've been taking these shots to make me thinner
to make me more palatable
to make me more pleasant
I've been feeling sick
for a while I thought it was stress
then I thought it was money
or how fat I am
But the truth is I am tired
and I am furious
My anger comes within my DNA
My ancestors, giving birth on filthy rooms
Slaved, raped, submissive
Refused the right of having a choice
Of being treated as a human being
Of being a woman in all her womanhood
Free falling into anything she wants
not being a catastrophe, a homewrecker, a punchline or a goddess
They have been denied
Before me, so many women
So many girls being born and tammed into submission
I am angry, I am furious, and I am falling
free falling
into something I do not know what is
Screaming from the top of my lungs
That I will not be forced into submission
For myself, my mother, my grandmother and those who came before me
those who died by the hands of men
those who were bold enough to laugh in front of danger
I scream and they scream through me
We will not surrender
We will not be defeated.
From the ashes, a woman rises
The world is a mess and the rabbit whole feels like home
She opens her mouth,
eyes on fire,
as she promises that the wicked shall burn
Because we are angry
We are furious
We will ravish you
down to the last
human
ash.

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas