What was I saying?

He opens the door and it's like I went back in time
To easier times of discoveries
Eight years ago he was my best friend
And it was as if nothing had changed.

-

We're smoking cigarettes like we did in college
Exchanging stories e discussing politics
Bringing back memories that only we had
Dynamic duo, everybody always thought we were a couple
You mock my facial expressions, mimicking me like a mirror
And we laugh, and laugh some more
The smiles start to disappear and my eyelids are heavy
"What was I saying?" I ask
He answers me with a kiss

-

It wasn't a tender, teasing kiss
His kiss was hungry, his hands tangling in my hair
It woke up a fever I didn't know ever existed
His hunger matched mine
And we have been hungry for years
My body answers with heat and I let out a sigh
His hands reaching under my dress
He looks at me and smile as if to say he knew exactly what I liked
And I'll be dammed,
He really did.

-

I woke up
Looked around
I'm wearing his shirt and there's a blanket over me
There's no one in bed
I walk out to the living room and he's on the couch
No shirt, fan on, and even sleeping he is gorgeous
I kiss his cheek and tell him to go back to his bed
He says "you were cold, and I needed the fan. So I left the room for you"
A small act of kindness in a series of hard blows in life can brighten up even the darkest of the hearts
Even if it's just for a blue morning
Even if it's just laughing by the window
Even if it's just a white blanket
Even if it's the night you never imagined that would ever happen

-

Those hands
Those lips
All the heat
All the intimacy
And his eyes, watching my every movement
His voice an ocean of desire and firmness
We can't stop even if we want to
And I beg him not to stop
Not to ever stop
He looks me in the eye, his gaze an everlasting fire
"I won't stop" he said
In his commanding voice,
I knew he meant it

-


Life is full of surprises.

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas