The best thing I almost let happen to me

We promised nothing would happen 
We were in our very best behavior 
You showed up on my doorstep to prevent my sadness
And all of the sudden it was 7 years ago 
Time went back
Or maybe there was no time at all
Just you and your lion eyes

You smell like home and clothing softener 
Your arms feel like the time when fear was not a close friend 
And I shouldn't meet your eyes, but I still do 
And with no filter or thought I say the most honest thing that could possibly roll off my tongue 
"If there is a moment, a breach, a second... I am yours"
How easily did I give myself over like this before?

Time means nothing when I ask you to just stop holding back for a minute 
You hold me tight and kiss my forehead
I can feel your heart beating fast and how you try to catch your breath 
I know you don't love me, you can't love me 
But I still say I'll always love you 

We say goodbye like nothing happened
Like your fingertips didn't feel my heat and my need for you 
Like your lips did not gave in to mine for a second
Like I didn't just taste all of you
We say goodbye and you ask me to be well
I say goodbye and just want you to ask you to be
Here. 

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas