Quick notes on how we fade

 November 24th 

I get home and my heart warms up to the sound of your voice 

The certainty of your greeting after a long day was as sweet as hearing that you loved me 

I bring you new flowers and you diligently put them in water and on display 

Our love was for everyone to see, after all

We would sit and spend hours drinking coffee and laughing 

We laughed until we cried 

And on days like this, I didn't want to go to bed 

I didn't want us to stop talking 

I didn't want your lips to be away from my skin

I refuse to close my eyes because you love me and I love you 

And that is all that matters 



April 20th

I don't want to wake up

I feel your warmth and you pull me close 

You whisper you love me and kiss my shoulder gently 

And I don't want to be awake 

Because half asleep in your arms our love is still intact 

If I flinch away it might be because it feels more like grazing a wound, but the pain was always worth the love 

You pull me to your chest minutes before the alarm screams us back into reality 

You kiss the top of my head and you hold me tight 

Almost like goodbye 

I think "he loves me"

And maybe asleep you still do

Maybe that's why every morning I wake up with you in my empty bed 

Maybe all of your "I love you"s have been transported to our shared dreams 

The only realm in which we can still find each other 


Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas