Water

 I always recall this saying from this amazing amazing Brazilian author 

This woman saying "touch me, I turn to water"

And today, amidst all the rivers and oceans and lagoons and simple puddles

That live in me making me who I am

I realized that my years are a storm

When my heart breaks, I am rain

When my anger bursts, I am a rebellious ocean, inevitable tsunami

When I love, I'm an ever flowing river, giving back as much as I get

I turn to water so easily

In my tears, in my sweat, in my love

I just pour all of me

Pouring and doing so gladly

Being water, then, I pray to Oxum and Yemanjá

I pray to the mothers of water

That someday I'll become a peaceful body of water

Not as deep and narrow as a well build by loneliness

Not as shallow and fleeting as a puddle

I pray I'll be a wide and peaceful lake

With clear water and everlastingly under sunshine or the moonlight

And I'll gaze into that lake that is me

And finally I'd see my own reflection

And I'd love myself in absolute and unbreakable peace 

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas