When they find my body

When they find my body, please don't sob
Brush my hair and make sure I look as you remember me
That girl with loud giggles and an everlasting smile
And an elastic heart, ready to welcome more people
Remember the little girl I once were
Holding on to legs and saying I love you, I love you, I love you.
Make sure to put me in a nice dress, and that I'm wearing red lipstick
Remember me fierce. Remember me strong. Remember me as a fighter.
And when we throw my farewell party, don't call it a funeral. Do not cover my face with lace.
During my party, I want you to bring flowers
Then hand them to each other
Ask my friend to sing Frank Sinatra
I did it my way
And sing along to the melody, like you would sing in the shower
When they let go of my body, please let go of me
Life is meant to be spent but mine isn't worth spending anymore.
When they let go of my body, I leave all the love I have, I leave all the good and only the good. Take the life I chose not to spend and live it. Cover yourself with the love I will always give.
When they find my body, do not despair
I have been gone for long now
And I'm not good at goodbyes.

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas