(Be)Coming home - a plea to my inner child


 

Babygirl, it is time

Come home now

Dinner is ready, the porch's lights are on

Come back to me and I will never abandon you

I swear on every star you've wished upon


Babygirl, I will take care of you

I will check your homework 

I will read you a story before tucking you in

Come back to me, my miracle child

I have found you hidden within 


Babygirl, I know you were scared

I was there, I felt that too

My sweet child, enough blood on your lips

You need some honey, some milk,

You need love brighter than your red lipstick


Babygirl, I know you in and out

I know you're unhappy when your smile doesn't reach your eyes

I know you pretend you are okay and everything is fine

I know the words echoing in your ears, so unfair, so untrue

I know those memories cut you deeper than a knife


Babygirl, I have failed you before

I know I can do better, if only you can hold my hand

I know your hands better than any other 

They can hold me tight or they can touch mine loosely

I can promise you I won't let go, I will be your mother


Babygirl, I will be whatever you need me to 

I can be the sister you never had

I can be the lover you lost so young

I can be your protector, your superhero, all your friends in one

I can be the mother that you longed for, for so long


Babygirl, I am you

I am scared and alone and still wearing blue

I still carry the scars of your scraped knees

I still hum the songs you used to dance to

I am here, babygirl, and so are you.



From now on, we do this together.


Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas