Let it steep for a moment

 I) 

Right now, you feel mostly like a dream

And just like tea, I always let it steep

Steep a little 

Before writing about someone 

But you, my dear you 

You're the one that made time seem and feel and be 

Meaningless.


II)

I ask you to stay because my insides are begging

Begging and burning with the feeling of you 

Begging for one more kiss

One more story 

One more act of kindness and

One more story of violence

You walk out this door like a reflection 

Of me, of us,

Of whatever we could be 

Or could have been

I see your scars and I feel your absolute passion 

And in that, and in you, there's a smudge

A brush stroke, a trace, or the complete reflected face

Of me


III) 

I'll finish with our beginning

You've broken my skin

To be fair, you never made me fall

At least not the fall out of bed in drunkenness and haze 

Still,  you keep making me fall

Falling hopelessly and helplessly 

For you

In so many ways

In your heartache, insecurity and walls 

In your honesty, in your welcoming halls

In your eyes that see through me 

In your skin that can feel like home

In your eyelashes, in your gaze

So deep, reverent and yet withdrawn 

You've made me this safe space to be 

Excited sad happy anxious and 

To be it all

You've broken my skin, love 

And with them, every single one

Of my walls. 

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas