On the first hours of 2024

 On the first hours of 2024

I wept like I hadn't wept in years 

On the brink of time and space,

I held my past and my future, one in each hand 

I felt sad for myself 

I felt sad for beginning yet another year sad

I held my past and my future, one in each hand 

And I knew then that I'd never be

The person I wish I would become by now

And now is already gone 

On the first hours of 2024 I cried 

I wept, I became a puddle of tears and stories 

Like that one scene in Midsommar, all the women inside of me wept too

They echoed my screaming and my pain and my discomfort and my fears

They echoed my lonely cry 

Like shadows seeking a home 

But just as I was about to step into the dark place 

That place in which I sit in resignation with depression

I had a simple thought

I had a simple epiphany

I was struck with a simple memory 

Something I know but seem to keep forgetting 

I remember that every soul that comes to this world gets uncomfortable

In their little bodies, with their little feet and big feelings 

J remember that the world is overwhelming and we should feel something about it 

We should feel it all 

And I remember that babies cry the moment they are born 

On the first hours of 2024, you could hear my first cry 

I wept and I knew I was alive 

On the first hours of 2024, I wept 

And I was reborn. 

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas