Word play - Women out there


I woke up thinking
How they call me "pretty" but they really mean "prey"
Or how they want me to disappear while asking me to stay
They turn off the lights and crawl onto you
They want your skin and insides but never to see through
They are the bodyless tongues, the mouthless teeth
They will eat you, consume you, then force you to breed
They call themselves gods, too afraid of the Goddess
They taint our words to try and tame our bodies
They are the rapists, the criminals, the predators
They call us witches because we are the competitors
They twist the "who we are" into "whore"
They wish us to be something impossible to adore
They say that they're men, as if it's something commendable
Then they go to the street and say our lives are expandable
But we stand tall and proud, our blood rebelling
Ignore our texts, our pleas, but not our yelling
Our voices grow louder, our bodies are strong
So when I go to sleep, I'll know that nothing is wrong

Not with us, anyway.

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas