Try

People keep asking me to try
To get out of bed
To get out of the house
Go see my doctor
Go talk to my therapist
They say I have to try 

I am trying
I am trying my best to get out of bed
Even though it still feels like home 
I am trying  my best not to Google
How many pills it would take to end it all

Still they ask me to try
And everytime they do, all I can hear is nonsense
They tell me to try and I hear them asking me to claw my way out of the rock bottom
They tell me they can't do it for me and I hear them saying I'm such a burden

There's dirt under my fingernails and it smells like death
There are dark circles under my eyes and they tell tales of madness
There's blood on my knuckles from punching my way through life
There are wasps in my throat that feed on the butterflies I used to love

I am trying but I am tired
I am trying but I feel I left this body
I am trying but life has me tied up to this intersection
Who I used to be
Who I am
Who I wish I could be 

I am trying,  I promise I am
But please, don't blame me if I give up
I'd rather go to sleep at peace and say my goodbyes
Say "I tried and I'm sorry", and maybe I am sorry for trying too
But isn't it better to leave you all with the memory of a person
Than the memory of a shadow who simply faded? 

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas