The week that never happened

 It started with a Facebook comment

Something about the heat

Something about bourbon

Something about a 2 year crush on me

I was not looking for romance

But it caught my scent and followed me home.

-

Six days of unstoppable conversation

Unpretentious affection, a lovely surprise

Never encouraged, but never discouraged

Something to look forward to 

Somewhere to be safe 

Someone to trust once more

-

The man says he doesn't love me 

And he does not love me 

He says it in a pitiful voice 

Female kindness is such an impossible concept to grasp

That man always mistake it for seduction 

Like a venus trap, I could only be trying to catch him, right?

No, the man does not love me

Like a little fly he buzzes around me 

But there is bigger prey for a venus trap. 

-

It is like spilling wine on the couch 

You try your best to make it dry

You try your best to clean it

To forget you ever made such a stupid mistake 

But like blood stains left by a broken heart

It is what it is

And it is tainted.

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas