Clepto love and other short stories of marriage

 1. When we went to the salad bar and sat there waiting for our drinks, you looked around at the decor 

A lot of fruit on display, but what caught your eyes was the huge banana stuck to the wall. The bananas were everywhere, really. And there it was, right above your head. 

"Can we steal the banana?" You asked me with a dubious smile in your voice, as if you wanted to say you were in if I were. 

"No. We won't steal the banana." I laughed.


2. We went to Outback for dinner and we were waiting for our table in a small area

You were looking suspiciously focused on something behind the couch we were seated on 

"Hey. Check out that onion. It's huge! And golden!"  You elbowed me.

"You wanna steal it too, huh?" 

"I really do." You laughed.

3. You were a sucker for football, to the point that I had to stop you from watching games

Scared you might have a heart attack or a depressive meltdown

So when I finished my finals, I went into a store and stole a beautiful cup enveloped with the flag of your football team

"Oh my God, I love it so much!" you said
"Yeah, I stole it for you." I smiled back

He looked at me shocked for a couple of seconds, maybe waiting for me to announce the joke.

The seconds floated in the air as I started to feel like he might judge me

But just before the thought could travel to my heart, he chuckled

"I am the one who is always asking to steal things anyway".

In our clepto love, we did not steal money or many goods.

We stole moments together, and no one will ever rob us from that. 


Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas