How not to fall in love and other magic tricks

I don't want to think about the messages you did not reply
It is true, you have warned me against your spell
It dissolves the moment you step out
The bell rings midnight, you disappear and leave a mist of emptiness
So I close the door and meet new eyes
A boy from the city you used to live in looks at me intensely and even though we do not speak the same language, he knows what I mean
He shrugs my questions away and kisses me under the heavy rain
And I make the effort not to wish it was you
Because I am crazy, isn't that what you said?
So I smile back at the blue eyed man and sip his bourbon until I'm light headed
He says he loves my smile and I pretend it's the first time I ever heard that
He says he loves my soulful brown eyes, and I pretend I never heard you saying that
We sing along to my favorite Disney songs
And I say goodbye knowingly while he asks me to come and visit him in another country
But I know that story already
Goddamn, I've been the protagonist of this story already
The magic, the hope, the heartbreak
My heart isn't there and when he asks again, I just tell him life will happen
I learned that from you
The alarm rings and it's 6 am
Time to go home, coachman turning into dogs and no glass slipper left behind
Because every spell breaks when I step out the door.

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas