Trial - My crimes against myself


I.
In my courthouse, I am the jury and the defendant
And I judge with hands and eyes as heavy as stone
I inspect my body and its marks and seal them in evidence bags
While I watch the jury shake their heads in disapproval
I try to stand up for myself, but I am a very aggressive prosecutor
I have no voice in my courthouse
I always make the wrong choice
I always have my own blood in my hands
I always have my own heartbreak as evidence of my crimes
Against myself.

II.
I make a plea to tell only the truth in my courthouse
So as I put my trembling hands over my own bible
I swear I will no longer be the one who's left behind
I decide that it is better to burn than to get burned
I decide that it is better to fix broken walls than broken hearts
I decide that I'll no longer apologize if somebody bumps into me on the street
Instead, I will just say "Watch it!"
I decide against being sweet because loving is a crime in my courthuse, and the bail comes at too high of a cost.

III.
I declare myself guilty of all the pain I've inflicted on myself
I declare myself guilty of daydreaming
I find myself guilty of falling for the wrong people
I declare myself guilty of trying to hide my naivety and vulnerability like someone would hide a corpse
I take full responsibility on the murder of my faith
I just ask the Jury to consider that everything I did was a desperate,
hopeless, impulsive act of self-defense.

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas