Exactly what you deserve

Tonight, I went back to our last goodbye
And I felt sorry for not running into your arms
And asking you to stay
To build
To love
To step outside and breath in
And just be ok.

I did not run or asked.
Instead, I fought back the tears of a heart that I didn't know could be broken again
I ran and you did not follow
I ran and you didn't look back
I ran from the possibility of being loved
Because a part of me loved you already.

Last night, we did not talk
I couldn't look at the idea of not seeing you again, ever
You could.
You did.
You told me I am too much.
Then, I knew you'd never ask me to stay.

So I turned off the lights of our could-have-been museum
With all kinds of adventurous displays
Where I learned too how to be a Cloudwalker
And you learned that sometimes we need a safe place to land on.
I can fold my body into a landing lane for you

I wore Depression as a heavy pageant sash across my chest, Anxiety were my shoes jumping from one solution to another, Paranoia was the radio station that whispered that you probably already found somebody else.
Somebody better.
Somebody less.
Somebody that is exactly what you deserve.


Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas